Due diligence with network provider to install solar energy – Written by: María Fernanda Calvo, General Assistant.
Installing solar energy in Costa Rica implies a lot of procedures, but it is not impossible. After a client receives the design of the solar energy system, the process of requesting the availability of energy to the site’s network provider starts. The process varies between each network company.
- The first step is that the client must authorize the solar energy company to request on their behalf the interconnection process that begins with the power availability.
- The network provider proceeds to process the engineering study to determine if there is enough “space” in the network, in order to accept or decline the site’s power availability.
- In case there is not enough space in the network and the request is declined, the solar energy company must offer other solutions to the client.
- In case it is accepted, the photovoltaic solar system gets installed.
- After the installation, the network provider is asked to visit the site to do the proper inspection and once approved, the interconnection process is requested, in other words, the process of connecting the system to the public network.